[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI BBS Number?

feustel@netcom.UUCP (David Feustel) (11/11/90)

Does anyone know what the new number for John Lohmeyer's SCSI BBS is?
The old number seems to have been disconnected.
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (11/16/90)

This worked a few weeks ago: 316-636-8700.

							Tim Smith

johng@bluemoon.uucp (John Guest) (11/19/90)

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) writes:

> This worked a few weeks ago: 316-636-8700.

What does one find on the SCSI BBS?  I guess I got in on the tail end of
this thread. Is this a resource of some sort? A manufacturers #?, etc.

jlohmeye@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Lohmeyer) (11/26/90)

In article <wgPus3w163w@bluemoon.uucp> johng@bluemoon.uucp (John Guest) writes:
>What does one find on the SCSI BBS?  I guess I got in on the tail end of
>this thread. Is this a resource of some sort? A manufacturers #?, etc.

I am the "sysop" of the SCSI BBS which is provided by NCR Corp. to help
disseminate information about SCSI.  Since I also chair the SCSI committee,
it is heavy on the standards side of SCSI.  You can find electronic copies
of many committee documents including the final committee drafts of SCSI-1 and
SCSI-2.  You'll also find many other documents related to I/O interfaces
such as SCSI CAM, ATA, ESDI, portions of IPI, and some info on Fiber Channel.

I try to keep the SCSI BBS fairly non-commercial, so you won't find much there
about actual SCSI products, not even NCR's.  If you have questions or comments
about the SCSI standard, you can reach many of the committee members there.

Since every time I post something here about the BBS, I get asked about
internet/usenet availability of the SCSI BBS files, I might as well answer
now...  The SCSI BBS files were, repeat were, available on the MGSE server,
but it has had to shut down.  If we find another place to archive them, I'll
post an article here.

--
John Lohmeyer         John.Lohmeyer@Wichita.NCR.COM
NCR Corp.             uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!entec!jlohmeye