[comp.periphs.scsi] Wren III jumpers

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (12/01/90)

dsmith@csusac.csus.edu (Dick Smith) writes:

>I just bought a Wren III SCSI hard drive from MicroBay Computers at a swap
>meet and it doesn't have any documentation. Does anyone have the jumper
>settings for this Full height drive? The part number is 94161-155 and [...]

According to CDC OEM Manual 77738216-C:

	drive 	 :  ==> open/unselected jumper
	select  [:] ==> closed/shorted jumper
	jumpers

	0  :   :   :
	1  :   :  [:]
	2  :  [:]  :
	3  :  [:] [:]
	4 [:]  :   :
	5 [:]  :  [:]
	6 [:] [:]  :
	7 [:] [:] [:]
	   4   2   1

		    motor start option

		       [m  m] .  .  t1
			i  i  i  p  t2 <---- terminator power option
	drive select-->	i  i  i  p  t3
				 ^
			4  2  1  |

			    parity option

mm ==> motor start option, jumper installed means Wren III will wait for Start
       Unit command from controller, else will start as soon as DC power is
       applied

ii ==> drive select, scsi id

pp ==> parity -- jumper installed means parity checking by the Wren III enabled

t1,t2 ==> terminator power from interface cable
t2,t3 ==> terminator power from Wren III
--
Derek Terveer						det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Minnesota Field Hockey Association,  North Central Section