[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI drivers for Microport V/AT

dns@essnj1.ESSNJAY.COM (David N. Sears) (12/02/90)

In <1990Nov29.165645.2655@chinet.chi.il.us> kirkz@chinet.chi.il.us (Kirk Zawrazky) writes:

>I am looking for SCSI device driver(s) for Microport V/AT 2.4.
>Specifically I am interested in adding an Archive Viper 150Mb
>tape drive and a Maxtor hard drive.  I have tried Rancho Techology's
>SCSI controller and the V/AT device driver (provided at an additional
>cost).  Rancho did not provided tape support, and only one filesystem
>was allowed.

>I have contacted WD, DTC, and Adaptec to inquire about SCSI drivers
>for V/AT, but no luck.  I would like to use an Adaptec 1542B controller.
>Any ideas where I could obtain the SCSI driver(s) ??

I had a similar problem. Couldn't find a driver on short notice
so I have written one. The driver supports the Adaptec AHA1540[A|B}
host adapter, Quantum P80S disk and Archive 2150S tape (as target 4).

Unfortunately, I did not envision this driver as a product and
some of the code is incomplete (error recovery). I really only
wanted something I could use.

If you are adept at writing device drivers and feel comfortable
with *absolutely no warranty*, I could make the various bits
of it available. If there's enough interest, I might even
clean up the shaky areas and document it. I also had to write
a tape utility program to take advantage of the Archive features
like 'seek to EOM', etc. for multiple file processing.

David Sears (dns@essnjay.com)
EssnJay Systems, Inc.
Huntington, CT