[comp.periphs.scsi] Quantum Prodrive 80 S jumper setting

heiden@kboeng.enet.dec.com (Matthias Heiden) (12/13/90)

I would like to know the jumper setting for a Quantum Prodrive 80 S.
I got this drive out of a used system but without manual. Besides the SCSI
ID jumpers, there are three more labelled: SS, EP and WS.
Does anybody knows their meaning ?
Thanks,		Matthias Heiden

gibson@b11.ingr.com (Stan Gibson) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec13.130550@kboeng.enet.dec.com> heiden@kboeng.enet.dec.com (Matthias Heiden) writes:

>I would like to know the jumper setting for a Quantum Prodrive 80 S.
> there are three more labelled: SS, EP and WS.

The SS jumper enables the self seek function. Install a jumper and the drive
will execute butterfly seeks endlessly or until an error occurs. This is a
test jumper.

The EP jumper enables parity checking by the drive. Note that most scsi
devices generate parity. The jumper option offered to you is to check or
not to check.

The WS jumper enables the wait spin function. With a jumper installed the
drive waits for a software command before spinning up. With no jumper in
the drive spins up when power is applied.