neese@adaptx1.UUCP (01/04/91)

>/* ---------- "Re:  ST-1126N, ST-1162N, AHA1542B -" ---------- */
>>In article <1990Dec18.022455.9531@scuzzy.in-berlin.de> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
>>cyliax@ecn.purdue.edu (Ingo Cyliax) writes:
>>
>>>In article <wgstuken.661191750@faui4n>,
>>>wgstuken@faui4n.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Wolfgang Stukenbrock (Dipl.

>>>The ST1126N is/was a CDC drive. It's actually not too bad. I have used it
>>>on a Sun and my dad has one in his PC, so far no problems. I have had
>>>problems with other Seagate SCSI drives though. You mileage may vary.
>>
>>as someone from cdc/imprimis said, seagate didn't change anything in the
>>drives. so its just another label now. a hint, anyway: make sure your
>>machine's fan keeps the drives cool (especially the big ones), they
>>dissipate quite some heat. of course one should keep all machines/drives
>>cool, but those cheapo fans often just don't make it.
>
>That's not true. Seagate changed Imprimis's media so that they now use
>Seagate media.

This is not quite right.  Imprimis has always manufactured it's own
media.  They still do.  In talking with some of the engineering folks at
Imprimis/CDC, it appears that Seagate is now taking orders for media from
the CDC media plant.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Senior SCSI Applications Engineer
			UUCP @  neese@adaptex
				uunet!cs.utexas.edu!utacfd!
				  {nominil,merch,cpe}!adaptex!neese
				uunet!mlite!adaptex!neese