[comp.periphs.scsi] EISA configuration file AHA-1740

gouwv1@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (J. van der Gouw) (01/28/91)

Who has some experience with the ADAPTEC AHA-1740 EISA-SCSI controller.

I have received 2 versions of the EISA configuration file for this
controller. One which includes an overlay file and one which doesn't.
With the overlay file one has the possibility to configure features
like disconnect/reconnect support, synchronous data transfer, parity
support etc.

Can somebody tell me which one of these files is the official one and
what are the default settings of these features?

Jos van der Gouw					Tel. : 31-55-432353
Philips Information Systems 				FAX  : 31-55-432103
Apeldoorn
The Netherlands.

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (01/30/91)

gouwv1@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (J. van der Gouw) writes:

>Who has some experience with the ADAPTEC AHA-1740 EISA-SCSI controller.

>I have received 2 versions of the EISA configuration file for this
>Can somebody tell me which one of these files is the official one and
>what are the default settings of these features?

i can't, however i strongly suggest that you set the parameters
of the drive(s) carefully. especially the synchronous mode
and cache/read-ahead enable, which are often disabled by default,
make for a much better performance.

i think the one with the parameter stuff is for the more
experienced people, it's somewhat scary to poke around in
your drives eeprom :-)
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: