[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI drive format

mkoprows@ub.d.umn.edu (Mark) (01/31/91)

I just got a hard drive out of a mini and I tried to use this with my
Apple IIGS with a SCSI. When I tried to format the drive the drive spun and
sounded like it was formatting. Then I rebooted after the format was done and
my SCSI card said that a reformat was needed because of unknown format and I
was wondering if there are SCSI drives that use something other than 512
bytes/block and if there are what machines use these so I can tell if the
drive is fully functional.
				Thanks in advance.

|   The only reason for time is so that            Mark                    |
|   two things don't happen at once.               mkoprwos@ub.d.umn.edu   |

wgstuken@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Wolfgang Stukenbrock ) (01/31/91)

mkoprows@ub.d.umn.edu (Mark) writes:

>was wondering if there are SCSI drives that use something other than 512
>bytes/block and if there are ...

Of cause most SCSI drives can be formatted with different blocksizes!

This is a parameter can be selected in the mode-pages or direct with
the format command (on SCSI bus).

Wolfgang