[comp.periphs.scsi] PC SCSI controller drivers

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (01/31/91)

wait a sec, I have an Adaptec 1542A and a Western Digital 7000 FASST-2 SCSI
controler and both cards came with software to run under MS-DOS, OS/2,
and Netware 286 or 386.  The WD card also came with Xenix and SCO UNIX
driver as well.  Am I getting lucky or aren't these software drivers sold
with the card?

Bob
--
   Bob Kusumoto                               | I just come from the land of
Internet:  kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu       | the sun/ from a war that must

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (02/02/91)

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) writes:

>wait a sec, I have an Adaptec 1542A and a Western Digital 7000 FASST-2 SCSI
>controler and both cards came with software to run under MS-DOS, OS/2,
>and Netware 286 or 386.  The WD card also came with Xenix and SCO UNIX
>driver as well.  Am I getting lucky or aren't these software drivers sold
>with the card?

wholesalers bundle the 1542B bare or in a kit with drivers --

the "kit" is around $289 while the bare controller runs around $255

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator