[comp.periphs.scsi] Seagate ST01 or ST02 SCSI host adaptors

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (01/28/91)

The following is posted for a friend [ahrea@gwdokokl.UUCP] who wants to
know whether he has a Seagate ST01 or ST02 SCSI host adaptor. You may
reply directly to him, or to me, and I will forward it on.

I pulled out my SCSI controller card and will try to describe it for
you.  Hopefully this will be enough to figure out if it is an ST01 or
an ST02.

It is a half-length PC card with three chips on it, a ribbon cable
connector at the top, and a few jumpers, etc. scattered around.  The
chip on the left is marked like this, (on a sticker):

Seagate
ST01/02 BIOS		  V3.0
P/N 80115		   001

Copyright 1989, Seagate Technologies

A square chip near the middle has the Texas Instruments symbol on it,
and the following markings:

11746-501
CF61891FN
N 51706
9016

The third chip, a small one on the right, is marked:

T74LS245
ST 99005
^this is slanted and inverse, looks like a trademark

A sticker above the ribbon cable connector has what looks like a bunch
of bar code, then : A0164802

Just below the cable connector is a stamp that is a square box containing
a large 'T'.  To the left of the T is a small 'B' or 'D' (it's smudged).
To the right of the T is a small '6'.

Near the middle of the board is a stamp:   4092
                                            210

At the middle-right, it says: 'ASSEMBLED IN SINGAPORE'.

Near the bottom of the board is stamped:  9027

A sticker on the outside mounting plate reads:  SL
                                                05

I hope that is enough to identify the board.  I got nothing with the
system to give me a clue.  Thanks for your help.

Al

| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       |

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (01/31/91)

In article <ben.4684@epmooch.UUCP>, ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:
> The following is posted for a friend [ahrea@gwdokokl.UUCP] who wants to
> know whether he has a Seagate ST01 or ST02 SCSI host adaptor. You may
> reply directly to him, or to me, and I will forward it on.

> I pulled out my SCSI controller card and will try to describe it for
> you.  Hopefully this will be enough to figure out if it is an ST01 or
> an ST02.
>
> It is a half-length PC card with three chips on it, a ribbon cable
> connector at the top, and a few jumpers, etc. scattered around.  The
> chip on the left is marked like this, (on a sticker):

Whoa!  The single ribbon cable clinches it.  It's an ST-01.  The ST-02 also
supports floppy disks, so there'd be two ribbon cable connectors.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |
|  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop     |
|  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)           |
|                                                                          |
|   "Everybody has to deviate from the norm...."                           |
|                                  - Rush                                  |
|   "I guess that makes me a deviant!"                                     |
|                                  - Me!                                   |
'--------------------------------------------------------------------------`

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (02/03/91)

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) writes:

>The following is posted for a friend [ahrea@gwdokokl.UUCP] who wants to
>know whether he has a Seagate ST01 or ST02 SCSI host adaptor. You may
>reply directly to him, or to me, and I will forward it on.

Your friend does not have an address that is reachable by me, hence this post.

> I pulled out my SCSI controller card and will try to describe it for
> you.  Hopefully this will be enough to figure out if it is an ST01 or
> an ST02.

The only diff between an st01 and an st02 is that the st02 supports up to
two floppy disk drives.  Therefore, look for a diskette connection on the left
side of the board, near the top.  If you have one, you have an st02, otherwise
it is an st01.
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG - MNFHA, NCS - UMN Women's Lax, MWD
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need