[comp.periphs.scsi] Wanted: SASI + SCSI spec

mark@adec23.uucp (Mark Salyzyn) (02/19/91)

I am need of the SASI and SCSI spec. I have an old SPECTRIX 30 that has
a SASI controller on it's multibus. I would dearly love to increase the
disk storage but so far my attempt at getting a SCSI drive to work on
that SASI bus have failed. if anyone can direct me to a good book on
both (either?) of these busses, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
-- Mark Salyzyn   ...!alberta!adec23!mark

vera@fanaraaken.Stanford.EDU (James S. Vera) (02/19/91)

mark@adec23.uucp (Mark Salyzyn) writes:

>I am need of the SASI and SCSI spec. I have an old SPECTRIX 30 that has
>a SASI controller on it's multibus. I would dearly love to increase the
>disk storage but so far my attempt at getting a SCSI drive to work on
>that SASI bus have failed. if anyone can direct me to a good book on
>both (either?) of these busses, I would appreciate it.

SCSI is an ANSI spec (ANSI X3.131-1986) which you should be able to
find in a good tech library.

James S. Vera      |         Internet	        |Standard Disclaimers
Stanford University|vera@fanaraaken.stanford.edu|Blah Blah Blah Blah
Bellcore           |vera2@rigel.cc.bellcore.com |