[comp.periphs.scsi] Switch settings for Archive 2060S

tt@thor.acc.Virginia.EDU (Tang Tang) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.151132.1080@athena.cs.uga.edu> is@athena.cs.uga.edu (Bob Stearns) writes:
>A friend of mine bought one of these Archive 2150S tape drives and it came
>without documentaion (bless mailorder). We now need to change the LUN for
>this drive. If you have the documentation and can describe the various

  Can someone also post the information for Archive's 2060S tape drive?

Tang

ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.143133.20568@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> tt@thor.acc.Virginia.EDU (Tang Tang) writes:
>In article <1991Feb19.151132.1080@athena.cs.uga.edu> is@athena.cs.uga.edu (Bob Stearns) writes:
>
>  Can someone also post the information for Archive's 2060S tape drive?

The Archive Viper 2060S and 2150S both have the same jumper block to
the left of the SCSI connector that looks like this::

	jumper
	  block

	.. .. ..   ========= ======== ========	  <- terminators
	.. .. ..   ...........................	  <- scsi connector
	.. .. ..   ...........................

	^  ^  ^
	|  |  \-- scsi id
	|   \---- buffer disconnect
	\-------- optional jumpers

The first column (farthest to the left) is the `optional jumpers'.
The top jumper is for the "serial port" (?) and the middle is for
"diagnostics".  Neither is used in operation.  The bottom jumper is
the parity enable strap (jumper to enable).

The second column is the buffer disconnect selection.  This selects
the number of bytes that can be sent over the SCSI bus during a
single transfer.  All the jumpers in this column are used, aand they
are designated, from top to bottom as CF2, CF1 and CF0.  Here's how
it works:

buffer size	2k   4k   6k   8k  12k  16k  24k  32k
CF2		out  out  out  out in   in   in   in
CF1		out  out  in   in  out  out  in   in
CF0		out  in   out  in  out  in   out  in

Standard config is 16k.  As an aside, does anyone know if the SCO Unix
drivers understand these settings, and what the effect of increasing
or decreasing the buffer size is?

The last column is the drive ID.  All straps are used and they are
designated, top to bottom, ID2, ID1 and ID0.

drive ID	0    1    2    3    4    5    6    7
ID2		out  out  out  out  in   in   in   in
ID1		out  out  in   in   out  out  in   in
ID0		out  in   out  in   out  in   out  in

The default is 0.

SOURCE:  Quick Installation Guide for Viper SCSI Tape Drives.
--

	ken seefried iii	"Specialization is for insects."
	ken@dali.cc.gatech.edu	   - Robert A. Heinlein (1916-1988)