[comp.periphs.scsi] Wangtek 5150ES jumpers?

scotte@applix.com (Scott Evernden) (02/25/91)

In article <1991Feb23.192710.13244@unixland.uucp> bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>I just acquired a Maxtor XT-8760S with no documentation (isn't
>that always the way :-).

Okay,  I'll trade this information on XT8760S jumpers for equivalent info
on the jumpers for a Wangtek 5150ES SCSI tape drive I just got, also
with no docs.

JP37,36,35:    SCSI ID - as a 3bit number (out=0, in=1)  shipped as ID 6

JP14,38:       out,out= power up in ID sequence
               out,in = wait for START command
               in,xxx = start when power is applied  (shipped this way)

JP41,34:       in,out = drive supplies terminator power  (shipped this way)
               out,in = terminator power is from the SCSI bus
               in,in  = both the drive and bus power terminators

JP18:          in     = drive is write protected  (shipped out)

JP40           in     = enable parity  (shipped in)

other jumpers - there are no other jumpers which you need to know about...

-scott