[comp.periphs.scsi] Maxtor XT-8760S

bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) (02/24/91)

I just acquired a Maxtor XT-8760S with no documentation (isn't
that always the way :-).

If someone could tell me how I need to set the jumpers, I'd appreciate it.
I'll be connecting the drive as a second drive on an Adaptec 1542b host
adapter.  The first drive (drive 0 I believe) is a CDC Wren IV.  There
is also an Archive Viper 2150S tape unit on the bus, set at id 4 I believe.

Also, if someone could either send me a photcopy of the manual for this
drive, I'd be happy to send you postage and duplicating costs.  Or, if
someone could send me the number for Maxtor, so I can ask them for the
manual, that'd be good too.

Thanks in advance  (anxiously awaiting this info so I can try this and
see if it works:-)  --

I'm hoping to install the drive by connecting it to the external
connector on the Adaptec board (the other drives are internal).  Any
special tips on doing this?

Bill
--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill@unixland.uucp              The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix

carl@p4tustin.UUCP (Carl W. Bergerson) (03/06/91)

bill@unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

> I just acquired a Maxtor XT-8760S with no documentation (isn't
> that always the way :-).
>
> If someone could tell me how I need to set the jumpers, I'd appreciate it.
stuff deleted

Maxtor Tech Support
1-800-356 5333 Colorado
1-408-432 4777 California

Maxtor Tech Support BBS
1-303-678 2222 Colorado

The BBS is usually the fastest way to get jumper settings.
--
Carl Bergerson                                           uunet!p4tustin!carl
Point 4 Data Corporation                                     carl@point4.com