[comp.periphs.scsi] <25010@dsl.pitt.edu>

neese@adaptx1.UUCP (03/05/91)

>/* ---------- "Adaptec utilities" ---------- */
>Are the Adaptec scsi utilities available from some site via ftp?

I don't want to be a nit here, but I should go on record to wit:

The utilities provided off of adaptex are there as a personal gesture
and are in no way connected to the company known as Adaptec Inc.  I have
put disclaimers in the utilities to that end at the request of my
employer.
I just want to make sure no one is mislead.  The utilities can be referred
to as the adaptex utilities or Roy Neese utilities.  If you called Adaptec
they would disavow any knowledge of these utilities at worst, but may also
refer you to adaptex to get them.
Attached is the method you can directly uucp them.  If you cannot uucp them,
I can Email them to you.  NOTE:  I have recently posted SCSICNTL to this
group as it has been the most popularly requested program, along with the
docs for it.  If no one minds the bandwidth, I will post this as I update it.
So far I have had no flames about it.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Senior SCSI Applications Engineer
			UUCP @  neese@adaptex

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) (03/09/91)

neese@adaptx1.UUCP writes:

>>/* ---------- "Adaptec utilities" ---------- */
>>Are the Adaptec scsi utilities available from some site via ftp?

don't know, but have a try with methan.chemie.fu-berlin.de.

>Attached is the method you can directly uucp them.  If you cannot uucp them,
>I can Email them to you.  NOTE:  I have recently posted SCSICNTL to this
>group as it has been the most popularly requested program, along with the
>docs for it.  If no one minds the bandwidth, I will post this as I update it.

yeah, please post updates! btw: people in europe may get it by anonymous
uucp from my archive, /src/scsi/NEW_SCSICNTL/scsicntl.exe.Z and [...].doc.Z.
(they can also log in as guest and use x/y/z-modem or kermit).

thanks for a great peace of software!
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]:

src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) I wrote:
>thanks for a great peace of software!

that should be 'piece', of course...
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]:
        scuzzy Any ACU,f 38400 6919520 gin:--gin: nuucp sword: nuucp
                     uucp scuzzy!/src/README /your/home

ssingh@watserv1.waterloo.edu (The Sanj-Machine aka Ice) (03/11/91)

Roy Neese = Peter Norton of SCSI! :-) ;-)

--
"No one had the guts... until now!"
$anjay $ingh     Fire & "Ice"     ssingh@watserv1.[u]waterloo.{edu|cdn}/[ca]