[comp.periphs.scsi] HELP! CDC Wren 90 Meg SCSI Problem

gary@panix.UUCP (Gary Gunderson) (03/23/91)

Dear Netland,

Help!

A few days ago, a 90Meg CDC SCSI drive in my possession gave up
life with a whimper and a puff of smoke. I would appreciate
receiving information on a source of parts for this drive. Specifically,
I am looking for the following:

	1  Complete Drive Electronics - part number 77775896-B

	and/or

	1  Adaptec VLSI chip - AIC-500L   ZD801  612300
  (thats all the numbers on the chip; don't know which is important)

The drive is a CDC Model 94211-091.

As always, many thanks in advance.

Gary Gunderson

--
Gary Gunderson                  ...{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!dilltk!panix!gary
PANIX

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (03/23/91)

>In article <18@panix.UUCP> gary@panix.UUCP (Gary Gunderson) writes:
[...]
>A few days ago, a 90Meg CDC SCSI drive in my possession gave up
>life with a whimper and a puff of smoke. I would appreciate
>receiving information on a source of parts for this drive. Specifically,
>I am looking for the following:
[...]
>The drive is a CDC Model 94211-091.

The CDC division in question is now owned by Seagate. The phone number of
the division is (405)324-3000. Hope this helps!

This sort of thing seems to be a FAQ. In the [hopefully unlikely] event
that you need to get ahold of someone to support the Wren, Swift, etc.
families of drives (they used to be CDC, then Imprimis, then Seagate...)
That phone number, in Oklahoma City, is a good place to start.

--
| ben@epmooch.UUCP   (Ben Mesander)       | "Cash is more important than |
| ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu |  your mother." - Al Shugart, |