[comp.periphs.scsi] CAM committe specifications

sbandyo@swtec1.intel.com (Somenath Bandyopadhyay ~) (03/07/91)

Can anyone tell me about the CAM committee proposed standard for
writing SCSI drivers. Any information will be helpful. How to get
specifications, what kind of committe it is, how they are different
from ansi scsi committe, usefulness of CAM specifications etc.

	You can send email to: sbandyo@swtec1.intel.com
		     mail address: Somenath Bandyopadhyay
				   1901 Halford Ave # 192
				   Santa Clara. CA-95051.
		     phone:	408-765-4843(work)
				408-247-0687(home).
Thanks in advance.

jlohmeye@donald.WichitaKS.NCR.COM (John Lohmeyer) (03/25/91)

In article <2886@inews.intel.com> sbandyo@swtec1.intel.com (Somenath Bandyopadhyay ~) writes:

>Can anyone tell me about the CAM committee proposed standard for
>writing SCSI drivers. Any information will be helpful. How to get
>specifications, what kind of committe it is, how they are different
>from ansi scsi committe, usefulness of CAM specifications etc.

The CAM Committee disbanded after submitting their document to X3T9.2, the
committee that developed SCSI-1 and is still developing SCSI-2.  SCSI CAM
is now an approved project and should result in an ANSI SCSI CAM standard.

You can buy the latest SCSI CAM document from Global Engineering Documents
at 800-854-7179 or you can download the document from the SCSI BBS (see my
 .sig, below).

--
John Lohmeyer         John.Lohmeyer@WichitaKS.NCR.COM
NCR Corp.             uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!donald!jlohmeye