[comp.periphs.scsi] High Sierra File System

p554mve@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de (Michael van Elst) (03/18/91)

Where can I find the definition of the High Sierra Filesystem
used on CD-ROMs ? I'm trying to read a database from a CD-ROM
at a Sun-3 running SunOS4.1 but it seems that it doesn't fully
support the HSFS (maybe 4.1.1 ?). I want to read the disk on
other (non-Sun, non-UNIX) machines too.
Please can someone direct me to this information ? A place to
ftp would be fine.

Thanx in advance,
--
Michael van Elst
UUCP:     universe!local-cluster!milky-way!sol!earth!uunet!unido!mpirbn!p554mve

Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) (03/20/91)

p554mve@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de (Michael van Elst) writes:

] Where can I find the definition of the High Sierra Filesystem
] used on CD-ROMs ?

I'm interested in this informations, too. Additionally I wold like to
know where I can get the CD-ROM-XA, CD-I, DVI and ISO 9660

Please DO NOT send me these specifications via email. Please give me
just some hints where (and how ;-) I can get them.

Thx
    Sepp

bjstaff@zds-ux.UUCP (Brad Staff) (03/26/91)

p554mve@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de (Michael van Elst) writes:
> Where can I find the definition of the High Sierra Filesystem
> used on CD-ROMs ?

You probably want ISO 9660 - "Information processing - Volume and file
structure of CD-ROM for information interchange".  Mine is copyright
International Organization for Standardization, 1988.  There might be
a newer version of the spec by now.

You might be able to order the spec from ANSI.  Their phone number is
212-642-4900 in the U.S.

Brad Staff
Zenith Data Systems
616-982-5791
bjstaff@zds-ux.zds.com

rwm@cup.portal.com (Richard DARYL Millett) (03/27/91)

I have found that a good place to get documents (ISO, ANSI, etc.) is from:

	Global Engineering Documents
	2805 McGraw Ave, Irvine, CA  92714
	(714) 261-1455 (800) 854-7179

As far as the request for the DVI documentation, good luck!  I have tried to
get a copy from Intel and nobody will admit to it being their job.  I finally
got a copy at the CD-ROM show in San Jose, CA.

Also, someone told me that the High Sierra File spec is available on
CompuServe, I have not tried this though.

Richard Millett
Pioneer Communications
rwm@cup.portal.com