[comp.periphs.scsi] Archive 2120S vs. 2150S

jc@mips.com (J.C. Webber III) (03/30/91)

I've heard it said that the only difference between a Q120 and a
Q150 drive is either a jumper on the drive, firmware or the driver
talking to it.  Does anybody really know?  If you have a 2150S
drive, how do you make it write in Q120 format?
Can a 2120S drive be made to write Q150 format?

thx...
--
J.C. Webber III                 jc@skyking.UUCP
R&D Lab Manager                 ..!uunet!cadence!mips!skyking!jc

drown@Alliant.COM (Scott Drown) (03/30/91)

In article <jc.670296609@tau> jc@mips.com (J.C. Webber III) writes:

>I've heard it said that the only difference between a Q120 and a
>Q150 drive is either a jumper on the drive, firmware or the driver
>talking to it.  Does anybody really know?  If you have a 2150S
>drive, how do you make it write in Q120 format?
>Can a 2120S drive be made to write Q150 format?
>
>J.C. Webber III                 jc@skyking.UUCP

When we first began evaluating the Archive drive, QIC-150 was not yet ready
to ship.  We were supplied with a couple to QIC-120 drives.  When QIC-150
was ready, Archive sent us a tube of EPROMS.  This information is a couple
of years old now, so things may have changed.

Scott Drown
Peripherals Engineer
Alliant Computer Systems
508-486-1238  drown@alliant.com