[comp.periphs.scsi] Wanted: SCSI standards document

Pat_Barron@TRANSARC.COM (03/28/91)

Can anyone point me to a source for documents describing the SCSI and/or
SCSI-2 standards?  I dimly remember being able to get such things from NCR,
but I can't remember anything more than that about it.

Thanks,
--Pat.

jerry@gumby.Altos.COM (Jerry Gardner) (03/30/91)

In article <obwUfsf0BwweELTmk7@transarc.com> Pat_Barron@TRANSARC.COM writes:
>Can anyone point me to a source for documents describing the SCSI and/or
>SCSI-2 standards?  I dimly remember being able to get such things from NCR,
>but I can't remember anything more than that about it.

Here are the two sources:

	ANSI
	1430 Broadway
	New York, NY  10018

	Document number: X3.131-1986 (SCSI-I)
	Cost: $25

	Global Engineering Documents
	2805 McGaw
	Irvine, CA  92714

	Document number: X3.131-198x (SCSI-II)

--
Jerry Gardner, NJ6A					Altos Computer Systems
UUCP: {sun|pyramid|sco|amdahl|uunet}!altos!jerry	2641 Orchard Parkway

jkubicky@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Joseph J. Kubicky) (04/01/91)

jerry@gumby.Altos.COM (Jerry Gardner) writes:

>In article <obwUfsf0BwweELTmk7@transarc.com> Pat_Barron@TRANSARC.COM writes:
>>Can anyone point me to a source for documents describing the SCSI and/or
>>SCSI-2 standards?  I dimly remember being able to get such things from NCR,
>>but I can't remember anything more than that about it.

A way to get current info for free is via the Bulletin Board at
(316) 636-8700.  The last time I called it, they had a whole bunch
of stuff, including the draft proposal of the ANSI standard and
some older specs.  I got the whole spec from it (about a half hour to
download, but otherwise no cost - sure beats sending ANSI $25).

					Jay Kubicky
					jkubicky@cobalt.cco.caltech.edu