[comp.periphs.scsi] Q: ASPI drivers for 1542B, bundled with board ?

blue@techunix.BITNET (Baruch Cochavy) (03/30/91)

I was wondering if an AHA-1542B owner could comment on that. Recently, I
purchased an AHA-1542B for my home UNIX box. Since I may sometime in the
future consider using the board for a DOS based machine, and going over
the installation guide, I saw mention of ASPI drivers, as well as AFDISK,
I asked my dealer for those.

My dealer, however, claims he has no such drivers, and another dealer say
he will sell it for $150 (please note this is not US price, but local).

Well, I was wondering if some 1542B owners like to comment on that ...
Is the board bundled with the drivers ? is it optional ?
Apart from that, I have no trouble using the board, and am VERY
satisfied with it.

        Baruch Cochavy
--
Baruch Cochavy |   Disk space --           |  blue@techunix.BITNET
Technion       |      the final frontier ! |  blue@techunix.technion.AC.IL

norsk@sequent.UUCP (Doug Thompson) (04/02/91)

In article <9926@discus.technion.ac.il> blue@techunix.BITNET (Baruch Cochavy) writes:
>I was wondering if an AHA-1542B owner could comment on that. Recently, I
>purchased an AHA-1542B for my home UNIX box. Since I may sometime in the
>future consider using the board for a DOS based machine, and going over
>the installation guide, I saw mention of ASPI drivers, as well as AFDISK,
>I asked my dealer for those.

I bought my board last Nov, 90 as a master kit which included the ASPI4DOS.SYS
ASPI driver and the ASPIDISK.SYS disk driver all total for $261 from
Wyle Labs,

--
Douglas Thompson		UUCP: ..{tektronix,ogicse,uunet}!sequent!norsk
				Internet:	norsk@sequent.com