[comp.periphs.scsi] SCSI serial port interfaces?

neil@uninet.cpd.com (Neil Gorsuch) (04/02/91)

In article <4556@alliant.Alliant.COM> eaw@Alliant.COM (Eric Woudenberg) writes:
>Does anyone know of a SCSI board which provides a few asynchronous
>serial ports? I'm looking for 4 or more ports, but I'd like to know
>about any serial interfaces available. I seem to recall this question
>being posted here before but I don't know if it was answered.

We currently sell such a beast.  There are models with 4 and 8 ports
each, all include a Centronics parallel port also.  Host software
(with no drivers or kernel rebuilding needed) currently available for
most workstations, arbitrary non-standard baud rates available to well
past 100K baud, very low host overhead, full modem signals and flow
control supported, full dial-in and dial-out on every serial port.
There will be new models with more ports and more configurablility
introduced soon.  Please feel free to call (800)433-6784 and ask for
marketing if you want more information, or call me (Neil) at the same
number if you have some technical questions.
--
Neil Gorsuch        INTERNET: neil@cpd.com          UUCP: uunet!zardoz!neil
MAIL: 1209 E. Warner, Santa Ana, CA, USA, 92705     PHONE: +1 714 546 1100