[comp.periphs.scsi] Tagged Queueing?

bjstaff@zds-ux.UUCP (Brad Staff) (04/04/91)

Is anybody shipping (or about to ship) drives that support SCSI-2
tagged queueing?

Regards,

+=================================================================+
| Brad Staff                             616-982-5791 (phone)     |
| Zenith Data Systems                    616-982-5690 (fax)       |
| 150 Hilltop Road                       bjstaff@zds-ux.zds.com   |
| St. Joseph, MI 49085                   ...!uunet!zds-ux!bjstaff |
+=================================================================+

In article <591@zds-ux.UUCP> bjstaff@zds-ux.UUCP (Brad Staff) writes:
>Is anybody shipping (or about to ship) drives that support SCSI-2
>tagged queueing?

scsidirect 1.1 by Randell Jesup - use ? to get a list of commands

	Warning: there is little error checking in this program.
You could destroy all the data on your drive!
You HAVE been warned!
Opening device scsi.device, unit 0

scsidirect> inquiry 0 0 255
Peripheral connected and is specified by Device Type
Direct-access device (disk)
Media is not removable
Device type modifier: 0
ISO version:  0
ECMA version: 0
ANSI version: 2 (SCSI-2 device (X3.131-1990))
Device can't accept AENs
Doesn't support TERMINATE I/O message
Inquiry response format: 2 (SCSI-2 standard Inquiry format)
Relative addressing not supported
32-bit transfers not supported
16-bit transfers not supported
Synchronous transfers supported
Linked commands supported
Tagged command queuing supported
RST causes 'hard' reset
Vendor: SEAGATE
Product: ST1480
Revision: 4676
Vendor-specific bytes:
0036: 30 30 30 30 38 33 30 31 00 00
0046: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
0096: 43 6f 70 79 72 69 67 68 74 20
0106: 28 63 29 20 31 39 39 31 20 53
0116: 65 61 67 61 74 65 20 20 41 6c
0126: 6c 20 72 69 67 68 74 73 20 72
0136: 65 73 65 72 76 65 64 20 30 30
0146: 30 33

scsidirect> showpage 10
page is saveable
Control Mode page:
	Unrestricted re-ordering allowed
	Continue remaining commands in queue after command error
	Tagged queuing enabled
	Extended Contingent Allegiance disabled
	Target doesn't do AEN after initialization
	Target doesn't do AEN for a Unit Attention
	Target doesn't do AEN to report deferred errors
	Ready AEN Holdoff Period:	0ms

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "To program a million-line operating system
is easy, to change a man's temperament is more difficult."
(From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)