[comp.periphs.scsi] Need comments on MINISCRIBE disks

merlin@sulaco.lonestar.org (David Hayes) (06/02/91)

I have the opportunity to buy a Miniscribe 3780S SCSI disk.  I do not
have a spec sheet on this unit.  I believe it is about 330 megabytes.
Can anyone supply access time, transfer rates, and MTBF?

What experience have you had with Miniscribe?  Are their drives up to
acceptable quality levels?

Finally, what would you consider to be a fair price for this unit?  It
is still in Miniscribe's original box.  The warranty only runs from the
time Miniscribe ships it to their distributor.  That was over a year ago,
so the drive effectively is without warranty.

Please help me if you can.  I don't mind paying a fair price, but I'd like
to assure that neither I nor the person selling the drive get burned.
Thanks,

	David Hayes

louisg@hpgrla.gr.hp.com (#Louis Goeppinger) (06/06/91)

In comp.periphs.scsi, merlin@sulaco.lonestar.org (David Hayes) writes:

>I have the opportunity to buy a Miniscribe 3780S SCSI disk.  I do not
>have a spec sheet on this unit.  I believe it is about 330 megabytes.
>Can anyone supply access time, transfer rates, and MTBF?

>What experience have you had with Miniscribe?  Are their drives up to
>acceptable quality levels?

>Finally, what would you consider to be a fair price for this unit?  It
>is still in Miniscribe's original box.  The warranty only runs from the
>time Miniscribe ships it to their distributor.  That was over a year ago,
>so the drive effectively is without warranty.

>Please help me if you can.  I don't mind paying a fair price, but I'd like
>to assure that neither I nor the person selling the drive get burned.
>Thanks,

>	David Hayes

I worked at Miniscribe for several years and the products I worked with
operated well, and were good quality, but I didn't work on a 3780s drive.
Miniscribe was bought out by Maxtor about 2 years ago.
Colorado phone  303-447-0044

Louis Goeppinger