[comp.periphs.scsi] Need SCSI CCS info/code for the IBM PC

add@sciences.sdsu.edu (James D. Murray) (06/05/91)

	I am looking for any code/info/periodical articles/etc. on using
the SCSI Common Command Set on the IBM PC via interrupt 13h.  I need
info on the available functions, command block structure, and a general
in-depth explanation of the CCS in the MS-DOS environment.

	If you know of a good magazine article, book, or publically
available code on any BBS or FTP site please drop me some email.

Thanks
--

                       James D. Murray, Ethnounixologist

Andreas.Kaiser@f7014.n244.z2.stgt.sub.org (Andreas Kaiser) (06/07/91)

 >	I am looking for any code/info/periodical articles/etc. on using
 >the SCSI Common Command Set on the IBM PC via interrupt 13h.

There is no standard INT13 interface for general SCSI commands. Adaptec's ASPI
drivers suppport a propriatary API via IOCTL, but there seems to be no
documentation for it ("available only to international companies").

So if there is an interface for the host adapter you are using, the way to do
direct SCSI programming is completely manufacturer-dependant.

                Gruss, Andreas

 * Origin: kaiser@ananke.stgt.sub.org - Stuttgart FRG (2:244/7014)