[comp.periphs.scsi] Are Updated Adaptec drivers easily available?

mussar@bcars53.uucp (G. Mussar) (06/15/91)

A chap on BIX bought an Adaptec 1542B from a compnay that has since gone
belly up. He would like to obtain updated OS/2 drivers for his card but
doesn't know who to turn to (and he hasn't been able to get any help so
far by phoning Adaptec directly). Does anyone know what his alternatives
might be for getting the update?

Gary Mussar  |Internet:  mussar@bnr.ca                |  Phone: (613) 763-4937
BNR Ltd.     |                                        |  FAX:   (613) 763-2626

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (06/17/91)

mussar@bcars53.uucp (G. Mussar) writes:
>A chap on BIX bought an Adaptec 1542B from a compnay that has since gone
>belly up. He would like to obtain updated OS/2 drivers for his card but
>doesn't know who to turn to (and he hasn't been able to get any help so
>far by phoning Adaptec directly). Does anyone know what his alternatives
>might be for getting the update?

Adaptec will not sell directly to the end user although they will offer to
direct you to a distributor (which will probably direct you to some reseller)
and offer to sell you an updated driver.  Adaptec currently has no upgrade
policy (unless you want to call buying a new driver an update policy).

Bob
--
   Bob Kusumoto                               | I just come from the land of
Internet:  kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu       | the sun/ from a war that must

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) (06/17/91)

This policy of Adaptec's is part of the reason why I strongly
disrecommend SCSI to anyone interested in OS/2.
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631
EMAIL: feustel@netcom.com  or feustel@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu