[comp.periphs.scsi] I'm looking for SCSI info.

jiro@shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) (06/25/91)

In article <9106240614.AA02290@.nextoid.> robert@nextoid.UUCP (Robert Patrick
Thille) writes:
> Since I'm interested in finding as much out about why my scanner
> doesn't work, and how to fix it, I'm asking for information about
> SCSI in general and SCSI scanners in particular.

Robert -
	   The ANSI manual will give the full specs for SCSI. I have it
sitting in front of me right now (costed a whole $80, if I remember
correctly....). But it does *not* specify scanner SCSI opcodes since
scanners were *not* considered when it was made. Things may have
changed for SCSI II, I'm not sure.
   The SCSI I manual is in the public archive sites too. It is not
formatted too nicely. I will be publishing a power-user version of
SCSIInquirer called SCSICommander in a couple of months. This may
be a commerical product if I find a vendor.... But it will allow
very low-level control of the SCSI bus along with a full online manual.
This is not for release yet, so I don't know why I'm yabbing
aobut it. :-)
   If you want to fool around with SCSI, grab my SCSIInquirer package
from the FTP sites and look at the source code for it. It should
give you some ideas of what to do. My SCSI.m class should give you
enough to work on.
   If you are using a Canon scanner, then please contact me further since
I can put you in touch with the people who handle developer requests
for it.

    - jiro nakamura
      jiro@shaman.com

--
Jiro Nakamura				jiro@shaman.com
Shaman Consulting			+1 607 277-1440 Voice/Fax/Data