[comp.periphs.scsi] Need format.dat entry for IMPRIMIS 94601-15

tar@math.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) (06/26/91)

Sigh.  My new 1.2G SCSI isn't going.  And the vendor's idea of docs is a
little sparse for my taste.  Does anyone have a format.dat entry for this
drive (IMPRIMIS 94601-15) for SunOS 4.1.1?

Please email, thanks in advance.

--
Tim Ramsey/system administrator/tar@math.ksu.edu/(913) 532-6750/2-7004 (FAX)
Department of Mathematics, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS  66506-2602

andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun26.005905.11957@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> tar@math.ksu.edu (Tim Ramsey) writes:
>Sigh.  My new 1.2G SCSI isn't going.  And the vendor's idea of docs is a
>little sparse for my taste.  Does anyone have a format.dat entry for this
>drive (IMPRIMIS 94601-15) for SunOS 4.1.1?
>
>Please email, thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Tim Ramsey/system administrator/tar@math.ksu.edu/(913) 532-6750/2-7004 (FAX)
>Department of Mathematics, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS  66506-2602

My vendor sent the following information with the drive:

data cylinders: 1703
alternate cylinders: 2
physical cylinders: 1931
heads: 15
sectors/track: 80
rpm: 3600
ctrl: MD21
fmt_time: 6
cache 0x11
trks_zone: 15
asect: 5
atrks: 30
bpt: 41301

This should get you started.

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
andrew@calvin.doc.CA