[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Turbo C vs Turbo C Pro

benefiel@wyse.wyse.com (Daniel Benefiel xtmp user id dept234) (02/27/90)

What's the difference between Turbo C and Turbo C Professional Packages?
(besides ~$60)

dan
(408) 473-2531 (w)
(408) 257-7949 (h)

zen@pawl.rpi.edu (02/27/90)

Turbo C Pro has two programs bundled with it besides Turbo C.
The programs are Turbo Assembler, and Turbo Debugger.

lulu@ucrmath.ucr.edu (david lu) (02/27/90)

In article <2617@wyse.wyse.com> benefiel@wyse.wyse.com (Daniel Benefiel xtmp user id dept234) writes:

>What's the difference between Turbo C and Turbo C Professional Packages?
>(besides ~$60)
>
>dan
>(408) 473-2531 (w)
>(408) 257-7949 (h)

The Turbo C Professional includes Turbo Assembler and Turbo Debugger,
and, in my opinion, is worth the extra money.

David

shurr@cbnews.ATT.COM (Larry A. Shurr) (02/28/90)

In article <2617@wyse.wyse.com> benefiel@wyse.wyse.com (Daniel Benefiel xtmp user id dept234) writes:

>What's the difference between Turbo C and Turbo C Professional Packages?
>(besides ~$60)

Turbo Assembler/Turbo Debugger not included/included.  Pay the $60.

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (cbnmva!las@att.ATT.COM or att!cbnmva!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave

zraisin@gritty.UUCP (Emile Deen) (02/28/90)

In article <2617@wyse.wyse.com>, benefiel@wyse.wyse.com (Daniel Benefiel xtmp user id dept234) writes:

> What's the difference between Turbo C and Turbo C Professional Packages?
> (besides ~$60)

 The Pro version comes with Borland's excellent Turbo Assember and Turbo
 Debugger.  Otherwise it's the same package.

> dan
> (408) 473-2531 (w)
> (408) 257-7949 (h)

						-Z Raisin

rutgers!gritty!zraisin | Super Amazin  Cinnamon Raisin | deen@topaz.rutgers.edu
< < < < M A Y   T H E   P R E Z E N T   T E N Z   B E   W I T H   Y O U > > > >

plb@dcdwest.UUCP (Phil Blais) (03/02/90)

In article <X#*#}Q$@rpi.edu>, zen@pawl.rpi.edu writes:

> Turbo C Pro has two programs bundled with it besides Turbo C.
> The programs are Turbo Assembler, and Turbo Debugger.

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here but I've just gotta ask.
For those who have used both - how does Turbo C Pro compare with
Microsoft C with MASM, Codeview i.e. if given a choice and cost was
not an issue why would you chose one over the other? While were at it
might as well include Lattice also. (If all this has been previously
discussed and posted could someone please summarize by e-mail.)

phil blais	<dcdwest!plb@ucsd.edu>