[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Plea to programmers !!!!!

einari@rhi.hi.is (Einar Indridason) (02/21/90)

Programmers of the world.  UNITE.  Don't MASK the 8th bit.  Here in
Iceland we DO need the 8th bit.  However most of the programs that we
use here in Iceland mask the 8th bit or somehow render it useless.  :-(
Meaning long tiring sessions in front of the screen, using DEBUG :-(

PLEASE Don't MASK the 8th bit.  (Even if the old wordstar did, it does
not mean that YOU must do that as well!!!)

I hope you take this into consideration.  PLEASE.

--
I just learned a new curse: "SCROLLBAR !$#$%%#"

Internet:	einari@rhi.hi.is
UUCP:		..!mcsun!hafro!rhi!einari

bluguras@csi.forth.gr (Blougouras Dimitris) (03/07/90)

einari@rhi.hi.is (Einar Indridason) writes:

>Programmers of the world.  UNITE.  Don't MASK the 8th bit.  Here in
>Iceland we DO need the 8th bit.  However most of the programs that we
>use here in Iceland mask the 8th bit or somehow render it useless.  :-(
>I hope you take this into consideration.  PLEASE.

The same request comes from GREECE also.

Dimitris "Blue Grass" Bluguras, Heraklion Crete, Greece
UUCP  : ...!mcvax!ariadne!bluguras  -  BITNET : bluguras@csi.forth.gr