[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] QVT 4.15

dchun@aludra.usc.edu (Dale Chun) (03/26/90)

As anyone had any luck with with program QVT.EXE Version 4.15? I have
only been successful in connecting with it only once. Does anyone know
what is going on with this program? Thanks for any insight.

				...dale

P.S. What does anyone recommend for a communications program for WINDOWS?

 name: Dale C. Chun	   | * 2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2.
       Software Consultant | * ...a REAL hacker would rewrite the firmware in
email: dchun@alcor.usc.edu |   the terminal.

scott@kong.gatech.edu (Scott Coulter) (03/28/90)

In article <8797@chaph.usc.edu> dchun@aludra.usc.edu (Dale Chun) writes:

>As anyone had any luck with with program QVT.EXE Version 4.15? I have
>only been successful in connecting with it only once. Does anyone know
>what is going on with this program? Thanks for any insight.
>
>				...dale
>
>P.S. What does anyone recommend for a communications program for WINDOWS?

> name: Dale C. Chun	   | * 2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2.
>       Software Consultant | * ...a REAL hacker would rewrite the firmware in
>email: dchun@alcor.usc.edu |   the terminal.

I have been using version 4.15 for about a week, now (and I used an earlier
version of QVT before that).  I have had no trouble whatsoever in connecting.
I have had some minor troubles with it locking up after a failed transfer
(only when using Xmodem, I think; not usually a problem when using Zmodem).
I haven't seen anything I like better for comm under WINDOWS, but then, I
haven't looked too hard, 'cause qvt works great for me.

Scotters

Scott D. Coulter        Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
uucp: {most anywhere}!gatech!kong!scott         Internet: scott@kong.gatech.edu
"Sometimes I just sit back & close my eyes; I enjoy the view"--Michael W. Smith