[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] msc 6.0 excuses

sru@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Charles Sinnett) (04/11/90)

fredex@cg-atla.agfa.com (Fred Smith) writes :

> 1.2 meg floppies ???   Does this mean that Microsoft is officially
> abandoning those of us poor folk who still have only 360k drives???
>
> What a bummer.  I might be forced to abandon Microsoft software products
> then and turn to Borland or Zortech.
>
> I have been using MS C and QB for some time because they are good packages
> and even work well together. I hope they aren't going to dump me! What a bummer
>
> Fred

  If you ask me, that is a real lame excuse to even think of dumping a product
like MSC!  If you doing any serious software development on a such a crippled
machine, I feel sorry for you.  Go out and spend a couple of bucks and upgrade,
and join the real world.  I can't believe that anyone would pick software
based on what format the disks come in!  MSC is completely superior to TC and
ZT C++.  AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

  I sure hope that that Quarterdeck decides to fix QEMM386, since it is an
awesome product, but I might have to find a substitute so I upgrade my
compiler....

| _____  ___   ___  | "Engineering isn't a major, it's just my hobbie."- Chas |
|   |   |___| |___  |  ////////////// This Chuck's for you ////////////////// |
|   |   |   |  ___| |  TAS - Purdue's #1 source of new and innovative stuff   |

platt@ndla.UUCP (Daniel E. Platt) (04/12/90)

In article <4041@sage.cc.purdue.edu>, sru@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Charles Sinnett) writes:
> fredex@cg-atla.agfa.com (Fred Smith) writes :
>
> > 1.2 meg floppies ???   Does this mean that Microsoft is officially
> > abandoning those of us poor folk who still have only 360k drives???
> > Fred

No,  The upgrade application I received in the mail allows for the old
floppies as well.  You're not being abandoned.  Microsoft is just trying
to be nice to people with 1.2 Meg drives as well!!  (Not a bad thing for
a company to do, do you think?)

Dan

david@metapyr.UUCP (David Relson) (04/12/90)

Microsoft C6.0 was officially announced in Boston last Tuesday (4/10/90).
I received my upgrade notice (from C5.1) the day before that (Monday).  As
someone who was a beta tester for C6.0, I can say that there are some major
additions to the product.  Since I spend a lot of time debugging very large,
complex programs, I especially appreciate CodeView's enhancements, including
its ability to run in extended memory.