[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] 'Binary' file editor

tte@metaware.metaware.com (Thuan-Tit Ewe) (05/02/90)

In article <9106@lindy.Stanford.EDU> LC.YRS@forsythe.stanford.edu (Richard Stanton) writes:
>Nearly every binary editor I've seen works sector by sector. In
>other words, you can't insert or delete individual bytes. The only
>one I've seen that does this is a shareware product available from
>SIMTEL, probably in directory pd:<msdos.editor> (or is it editors?),
>called HEXEDIT.
>
>Richard Stanton
>pstanton@gsb-what.stanford.edu

I've written one that searches and works exactly like a text
editor except it works with binary files. Works both on OS/2 and DOS with
limited mouse support. You can also supply a "struct" file which you
can break up bytes, view and edit values in short, long or whatever.

If there are any interest, mail me.
---
Thuan-Tit Ewe			MetaWare Inc
tte@metaware.com		(408) 429-6382