[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Mouse for TC? & TC2.0 'Make' problems

psrc@pegasus.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) (05/23/90)

In article <RFROST.90May22225048@spam.ua.oz.au>, rfrost@spam.ua.oz.au (Richard Frost) writes:
> I would like to know if there is any way I can get a mouse to work with TC.

The Turbo C++ 1.0 integrated environment supports mice.  In fact, I'd
strongly recommend a mouse for a Turbo C++ IDE user.  (Using TC++
without a mouse is like using PC Tools Deluxe without a mouse; you can
do it, but it's *much* nicer with a mouse than with a naked keyboard.)

> Also is Borland going to improve the Integrated Environment, as I think
> it lacks 2 VERY important features to be a good C editor:

> 1) Mouse Support

It's in there.

> 2) Ability to view multiple source files ON SCREEN like emacs does!

Ditto.  The "big window on the top, little window on the bottom" model
is gone, gone, gone.  You can have lots of windows, sized and placed by
default so they don't interfere too badly, and with lots of ways to
select a window (mouse click, choose from list, hot key).  The IDE also
"remembers" the last file and project you were working on, and offers
them to you when you invoke the IDE with no arguments.

>(problems with TC 2.0 make deleted)
> Someone please help me!

Sorry, I haven't played with TC++ 1.0's make.  The IDE has a more
powerful built-in make facility than TC 2.0's IDE, and you can finally
change the project files from the IDE.  (Bad news:  they're not ASCII
anymore.  Good news:  there's a conversion utility.)

> Email Address:  rfrost@spam.ua.oz.au
> FidoNet (ADAM LINK BBS): 3:680/805 Richard Frost

Paul S. R. Chisholm, AT&T Bell Laboratories
att!pegasus!psrc, psrc@pegasus.att.com, AT&T Mail !psrchisholm
I'm not speaking for the company, I'm just speaking my mind.