[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Need reference book - TSR intercepts COM: input

emmo@moncam.co.uk (Dave Emmerson) (06/16/90)

It never rains, but..

For a colleague this time, the details are sketchy, but a fluent C
programmer (under U*IX) needs to gen up on TSRs and intercepting interrupts
on PCs.

Since this may find itself in a 386/*IX environment (NOT SCO UNIX (R) due
to problems with PCNFS) - are there any pitfalls he should beware of? We
have PC, C, and *NIX experience, but not all combined at once..

In case it makes any difference, this particular one is probably for
commercial use, though it's unlikely that any of you would find yourself
using it (read: having paid for it) unless you're in the printing industry.

Thanks once again,

Dave E.

markd@silogic.UUCP (Mark DiVecchio) (06/16/90)

In article <666@marvin.moncam.co.uk> emmo@moncam.co.uk (Dave Emmerson) writes:
>It never rains, but..
>
>For a colleague this time, the details are sketchy, but a fluent C
>programmer (under U*IX) needs to gen up on TSRs and intercepting interrupts
>on PCs.

If you get a hold of my program LPTx, it contains all sorts of 'helpful'
information about how TSR's work. I also reccommend The MSDOS Encyclopedia
by Microsoft Press.

LPTx is a printer redirection program which takes output destined for
the line printer and puts it into a disk file. Good for capturing output
of programs which do not give a print to disk option.

You can call my BBS setup for the distribution of LPTx.  It has a USR
HST to answer at 1200, 2400, and 9600 baud.  You can call and download
LPTx v7.00.

--
Mark C. DiVecchio       Athena Systems Development Group
619-549-4056            Home of PC-VT and LPTx

--
Mark DiVecchio, Silogic Systems, 619-549-9841                      K3FWT
     9888 Carroll Center Road, Suite 113, San Diego, CA 92126