[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Need PD Disk Cache w/ expanded memory

foss@iris.ucdavis.edu (Jim Alves-Foss) (06/28/90)

In article <90177.124454JXS118@psuvm.psu.edu> JXS118@psuvm.psu.edu (Jeff Siegel, Op from Atherton Hall) writes:
>Anyone know of public domain disk caching programs that support expanded
>memory? I was going to use PC Magazine's DCACHE.COM, but it is limited
>to a maximum of 64K and a performance test indicated it made disk throughput
>worse, instead of better.
>
>| Jeff Siegel                   |            JXS118 at PSUVM            |

For an apparently good Shareware version:`

Look in SIMTEL, I just got one (pd1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL> QC420-(1|2|3).ARC
which seems to work well (uses EXT, EXP, 286/386 machine specific code,
detected QEMM V-86 mode, ...)

It also comes with a file locator, sort program, memory tester, configuration
program, cache performance analysis,...

Seems very good and worth the $25 shareware cost. After my 30 days of
trial I probably will register.

-Jim Alves-Foss (foss@iris.ucdavis.edu)  /* Of course these are MY opinions */
                (foss@[127.120.57.20])   /* and may change without warning. */