[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] The Borland BGI driver for ATI Super VGA modes ?!?

stever@Octopus.COM (Steve Resnick ) (06/27/90)

In article <6857@eos.UUCP> renata@eos.UUCP (Daniel Delgado) writes:
>dhinds@portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) writes:
>
>>Following advice posted to this newsgroup, I wrote to Borland asking for a
>>copy of this driver.  They sent me the old BGI toolkit stuff instead, to
>>my dismay.  Has anyone got a copy of this driver from Borland?  Is there
>>any chance it could be made available via FTP somewhere?  I will mail
>>someone a disk and SASE if they would copy it for me.  Thanks in advance.
>
>> -David Hinds
>>  dhinds@popserver.stanford.edu
>

>We too are looking for this driver.  When we called Borland they
>gave us the name of a person selling a driver.
>
>   Reagan Thomas
>   P.O. Box 586
>   Stillwater, OK 74076.
>   (408) 624-5039.
>
>However... our attempts to contact this person have not been very
>successful.  If anybody has any info regarding this driver or ANY
>driver for that matter, please contact us.  We would greatly
>appreciate it.

Waitaminit! That phone number is for San Jose/South Bay Area CALIFORNIA.
I think something may be wrong here.

Steve Resnick -<stever@octopus.COM apple!octopus!stever sun!vsi1!octopus!stever>
408/241-1533 Process Scientific, Inc.
"0x2B|~0x2B THAT is the question!"

woody@eos.UUCP (Wayne Wood) (06/28/90)

In article <1990Jun27.145003.25994@Octopus.COM> stever@octopus.UUCP (Steve Resnick ) writes:
>In article <6857@eos.UUCP> renata@eos.UUCP (Daniel Delgado) writes:
>>dhinds@portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) writes:
>>
>>   Reagan Thomas
>>   P.O. Box 586
>>   Stillwater, OK 74076.
>>   (408) 624-5039.
>>However... our attempts to contact this person have not been very
>>successful.  If anybody has any info regarding this driver or ANY
>>driver for that matter, please contact us.  We would greatly
>>appreciate it.
>Waitaminit! That phone number is for San Jose/South Bay Area CALIFORNIA.
>I think something may be wrong here.

it would appear that my esteemed supervisor made a slight transcription
error.
Reagan Thomas' phone number *SHOULD* be (405) 624-5039.

we have managed to contact him once (or i should say, his office).
he shares an office with an architect, has no secretary or answering
machine, and is an independent contractor.

apparently he is currently working on-site for a local company.  is this
any way to run a business?

if oyu get in contact with him (we try virtually every day) tell him
NASA/AMES would really like to have a chat with him.

or maybe not... this may be an indication of what his software is like.

/***   woody   ****************************************************************
*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody@eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/

torkil@psivax.UUCP (Torkil Hammer) (07/06/90)

I got the ATI drivers from Borland.  I am also a registered owner of
TC 2.0 professional, and I wrote a very nice letter, and I included
a floppy and a SASE.

I had no problems getting them, it just took some weeks.

Anyway, they work with all ATI SVGA graphics modes, not all that
great I would say, but they work.  I don't know what the difference
between a 'new' and an 'old' version would be.

BTW, don't bother asking me for copies.  I can not send them from this
workstation, and my 386 is not online.

Torkil Hammer

d88-eli@dront.nada.kth.se (Erik Liljencrantz) (07/07/90)

In previous articles:
>>>   Reagan Thomas
>>>   P.O. Box 586
>>>   Stillwater, OK 74076.
>Reagan Thomas' phone number *SHOULD* be (405) 624-5039.
>
>apparently he is currently working on-site for a local company.  is this
>any way to run a business?

Business? He has written a good program, but he don't have to sell copies
if he don't want to... :-)

To the point: I have a demo copy of his BGI-driver (demo==announcement
when calling initgraph). It works and I've tried some 800x600x256-
programs with it. It also supports 1024x768-modes. Looks great! I believe
the demoversion is freely distributable.

>if oyu get in contact with him (we try virtually every day) tell him
>NASA/AMES would really like to have a chat with him.
>
>or maybe not... this may be an indication of what his software is like.

What? GOOD is what's it like!
Erik Liljencrantz     | "No silly quotes!!"
d88-eli@nada.kth.se   |  Embraquel D. Tuta