[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] MSC 5.1 fatal error C1015

TOMIII@MTUS5.BITNET (Thomas Dwyer III) (07/10/90)

Does anyone know what the heck a "fatal error C1015" from MSC 5.1?  That
error number seems to be missing from TFM, which goes from C1014 to C1016.
I get the error from the compiler (CL.EXE).

Thanks,
Thomas Dwyer III                            TOMIII   @ MTUS5.BITNET
Network Programmer                          DWYERIII @ MTUS5.BITNET
Computing Technology Services
Michigan Technological University

bryan@stiatl.UUCP (Bryan Donaldson) (07/10/90)

TOMIII@MTUS5.BITNET (Thomas Dwyer III) writes:
>Does anyone know what the heck a "fatal error C1015" from MSC 5.1?  That
>error number seems to be missing from TFM, which goes from C1014 to C1016.
>I get the error from the compiler (CL.EXE).
>Thomas Dwyer III                            TOMIII   @ MTUS5.BITNET
>Network Programmer                          DWYERIII @ MTUS5.BITNET

Found in the \bin\errmsg.doc file
			     ERRMSG.DOC File

	       Error-message information for software included with
	       the Microsoft(R) C Optimizing Compiler Version 5.10

		(C) Copyright Microsoft Corporation, 1987, 1988
.
.
.
C1015	cannot open include file 'filename'

The given include file either did not exist, could not be opened,
or was not found. Make sure your environment settings are valid	and
that you have given the	correct	path name for the file.
.
.
.
BGD

--
Bryan Donaldson                                             gatech!stiatl!bryan
Sales Technologies, Inc

lfk@athena.mit.edu (Lee F Kolakowski) (07/10/90)

It is not in the fancy new QuickHelp from version 6.0 either, but a
quick perusal of the c*.err files of the compiler comes up with the
following:

c1.err: 1015    "cannot open include file '%s'" /* QC2 */

Hope that helps.

--

Frank Kolakowski

|lfk@athena.mit.edu                     ||      Lee F. Kolakowski    |
|lfk@eastman2.mit.edu                   ||	M.I.T.		     |
|kolakowski@wccf.mit.edu                ||	Dept of Chemistry    |
|lfk@mbio.med.upenn.edu		        ||	Room 18-506	     |
|lfk@hx.lcs.mit.edu                     ||	77 Massachusetts Ave.|
|AT&T:  1-617-253-1866                  ||	Cambridge, MA 02139  |
|                         #include <woes.h>         		     |
|		           One-Liner Here!                           |

henk@spex1.uucp (Henk van der Griendt) (07/10/90)

TOMIII@MTUS5.BITNET (Thomas Dwyer III) writes:

>Does anyone know what the heck a "fatal error C1015" from MSC 5.1?  That
>error number seems to be missing from TFM, which goes from C1014 to C1016.
>I get the error from the compiler (CL.EXE).

>Thanks,
>Thomas Dwyer III                            TOMIII   @ MTUS5.BITNET
>Network Programmer                          DWYERIII @ MTUS5.BITNET
>Computing Technology Services
>Michigan Technological University

C1015     cannot open include file 'filename'

          The given file either did not exist, could not be opened, or
          was not found. Make sure your environment settings are valid
          and that you have given the correct path name for the file.

This is what I found in the QuickC book, page 315.
Hope this helps.

Henk.

--
======	Henk van der Griendt			E-mail: henk@spex.nl (internet)
======	Speech Processing EXpertise centre		spex@hlsdnl5.BITNET

nts0699@dsac.dla.mil (Gene McManus) (07/10/90)

From article <90190.165746TOMIII@MTUS5.BITNET>, by TOMIII@MTUS5.BITNET (Thomas Dwyer III):
> Does anyone know what the heck a "fatal error C1015" from MSC 5.1?  That
> error number seems to be missing from TFM, which goes from C1014 to C1016.
> I get the error from the compiler (CL.EXE).
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas Dwyer III                            TOMIII   @ MTUS5.BITNET

From the [considerable] 'read-me' type doc file 'ERRMSG.DOC' supplied
on disk:

New Messages
------------
In the following messages, the number in parentheses after a warning message
indicates the minimum warning level that must be set for the warning to appear:

C1015	cannot open include file 'filename'

The given include file either did not exist, could not be opened,
or was not found. Make sure your environment settings are valid	and
that you have given the	correct	path name for the file.

Gene McManus @ DLA Systems Automation Center, DSAC-X
               Columbus, OH 43215 (614) 238-9403,    Autovon 850-
Internet:      gmcmanus@dsac.dla.mil  (131.78.1.1)
UUCP:          {uunet!gould,cbosgd!osu-cis}!dsacg1!gmcmanus
          <<"Everybody has to believe in something...
	          I believe I'll go fishing" --- Thoreau>>
The views expressed are my own, not those of the Agency, or Dept. of Defense