[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Microsoft C problem: fread

elee24@castle.ed.ac.uk (H Bruce) (07/09/90)

Does the function fread() work in the large model ?
It appears not to in my code.
Can someone confirm this one way or the other ?
If not what is the best way to "work around" this problem - do other compilers
have the same problem ?

Thanks,

Henry Bruce

mfinegan@uceng.UC.EDU (michael k finegan) (07/12/90)

elee24@castle.ed.ac.uk (H Bruce) writes:

>Does the function fread() work in the large model ?
>It appears not to in my code.
>Can someone confirm this one way or the other ?
>Thanks,

>Henry Bruce

I have found that fread() and fwrite() won't succeed for certain size
buffers (why???). The 'workaraound', though it defeats the idea of
detecting file i/o failure, is to ignore the return value ...
(comments from those at MS ?)

					- Mike Finegan
					  mfinegan@uceng.UC.EDU