[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Help locating scanner software

alpha@vpnet.chi.il.us (Randy Sales) (07/10/90)

I am trying to locate some software for a page scanner that will give me one
of the following files; Autocad (.DXF), HPGL, or DMPL formats.  I need to
scan some drawings and the existing software will not get me any of these
formats.  Any help will be appreciated.

U2414008@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (07/13/90)

In article <269944ab-119comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer@vpnet.chi.il.us>, alpha@vpnet.chi.il.us (Randy Sales) writes:
> I am trying to locate some software for a page scanner that will give me one
> of the following files; Autocad (.DXF), HPGL, or DMPL formats.  I need to
> scan some drawings and the existing software will not get me any of these
> formats.  Any help will be appreciated.

Try a package called ScanPro. This software claims to convert uncompressed .TIF
files (the output of many scanners) to DXF or DesignCAD format.
The company that makes it is: American Small Business Computers
                              327 South Mill St
                              Pryor, Oklahoma
                              74361
Let us know how you go with this.