[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Cursor invisible after MSQuickBasic

imj502@csc.anu.edu.au (04/03/91)

G'Day,

I am hoping that somebody can help me with an annoying problem I am having with
an MSQuickBasic 4.0 program.  The problem is that upon exiting the program the
DOS cursor is invisible until something like a DIR is done.  It is most
disconcerting to be faced with a screen with no cursor.

Within the program I do lots of COLOR FORGROUND%, BACKGROUND% setting.
Initially I did not set the cursor within the program to hidden or visible
(LOCATE ,,[1/0]) but I have tried explicitly setting it to visible before
leaving the program.  This does not make the DOS cursor visible.

If anybody knows what is causing this I would be most grateful to hear from
you.

Many thanks,
Ian
Ian Jamie				Research School of Chemistry
imj502@csc.anu.edu.au			Australian National University
jamie@rsc.anu.edu.au			Canberra, ACT, Australia

resnicks@netcom.COM (Steve Resnick) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr3.090133.1@csc.anu.edu.au> imj502@csc.anu.edu.au writes:
>G'Day,
>
>I am hoping that somebody can help me with an annoying problem I am having with
>an MSQuickBasic 4.0 program.  The problem is that upon exiting the program the
>DOS cursor is invisible until something like a DIR is done.  It is most
>disconcerting to be faced with a screen with no cursor.
>
>Within the program I do lots of COLOR FORGROUND%, BACKGROUND% setting.
>Initially I did not set the cursor within the program to hidden or visible
>(LOCATE ,,[1/0]) but I have tried explicitly setting it to visible before
>leaving the program.  This does not make the DOS cursor visible.
>
>If anybody knows what is causing this I would be most grateful to hear from
>you.
>
>Many thanks,
>Ian
Are you at some point using COLOR 0,0? If so, you will need to do a
COLOR 7,0 (or some other color) before exiting your BASIC program.

- Steve

	resnicks@netcom.com, steve@camphq, IFNA:	1:143/105.0,
USNail: 530 Lawrence Expressway, Suite 374
        Sunnyvale, Ca 94086
- In real life: Steve Resnick. Flames, grammar and spelling errors >/dev/null
0x2b |~ 0x2b, THAT is the question.
The Asylum OS/2 BBS - (408)263-8017 12/2400,8,1 - Running Maximus CBCS 1.2