[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] Borland C++: relocate data section in .exe?

yung@contact.uucp (04/06/91)

Hi folks.

A quick question: I am using Borland's C++ 2.0 to compile a project (1 C
module and 2 assembly module). But I need the resulting executable file
to have the data section comes BEFORE the code section.

Can anybody help me with this?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Happy computing.

Amos Yung    *       " Don't be silly. Of course the plane
email:       *         won't crash. *I* am on it!!! "
utai!contact *              -Murphy Brown.

dbenhur@adobe.COM (Devin Ben-Hur) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr5.201638.5288@contact.uucp> yung@contact.uucp () writes:
>A quick question: I am using Borland's C++ 2.0 to compile a project (1 C
>module and 2 assembly module). But I need the resulting executable file
>to have the data section comes BEFORE the code section.

Make a .ASM module that contains no code or data but does define
all the sections you want to explicitely order, in the order you desire
them.  Make this module the first .OBJ file in your link directives.
I haven't tested this with the 2.0 compiler but it's worked before.

If you want to use the IDE Project facility, it always links the C0? module
first, so find the source to it and add your segment ordering to that file
and re-assemble.
--
---
Devin Ben-Hur