[comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer] getting current cursor

tbc@cbnewsk.att.com (thomas.b.cook) (05/31/91)

I want to be able to get the current text cursor shape, so that I
can change it in my application, and then restore it when I'm finished.
Setting the cursor is ok (bios 10H)...but how can you read it?

Thanks.
Tom Cook       att!pruxg!tbc        609-639-3131

wjb@moscom.UUCP (Bill de Beaubien) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May31.120405.12515@cbnewsk.att.com> tbc@cbnewsk.att.com (thomas.b.cook) writes:
>I want to be able to get the current text cursor shape, so that I
>can change it in my application, and then restore it when I'm finished.
>Setting the cursor is ok (bios 10H)...but how can you read it?
>
>Thanks.
>Tom Cook       att!pruxg!tbc        609-639-3131

From Ralf Brown's Interrupt Listing, release 25:

Int 10h, Service 3 - Get Cursor Position and Size
	AH = 03h
	BH = page number
		0-3 in modes 2&3
		0-7 in modes 0&1
		0 in graphics modes
Return: AX = 0h (Phoenix BIOS)
	CH = start scan line
	CL = end scan line
	DH = row (00h is top)
	DL = column (00h i sleft)
Note:	a separate cursor is maintained for each of up to 8 display pages

--
"Bless me, Father; I ate a lizard."
"Was it an abstinence day, and was it artificially prepared?"