[list.netnws-l] Corrupted NNSERVER EXEC

Chris Wooff <QQ43@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> (02/21/90)

I got such a thing at the end of last week. Here is the header:

Date:     Fri, 16 Feb 1990 04:24:10 GVA
Sender:   "Revised List Processor (1.5o)" <LISTSERV@EARN.CEARN>
From:     LISTSERV@EARN.PSUVM
To:       QQ43@UK.AC.LIVERPOOL
Subject:  File "NNSERVER EXEC" being sent to you.

Lots of the block comments contained in my copy were corrupted.
Here is a typical example:

*   B A T C H   G E T S   A R T I C L E                                *
BatchGetsArticle: procedure expose g. head.
BatchGetsArticle: procedure expose g. head.

This has happenned all over the place in NNSERVER. I have looked at
the file before it was put through the program which unpacks the
LSVPUNCH data and the problem shows there too. So it looks very much
as though it got corrupted in transit. Did anyone else experience this?