[list.netnws-l] Composition theory, writing centers, etc.

Edward Vielmetti <emv@MATH.LSA.UMICH.EDU> (02/24/90)

In article <1893@naucse.UUCP> jdc@naucse.UUCP (John Campbell) writes:

   From: jdc@naucse.UUCP (John Campbell)
   Newsgroups: comp.edu.composition
   Date: 22 Feb 90 16:56:05 GMT

   From article <14229@cbnews.ATT.COM:, by vjg@cbnews.ATT.COM (vincent.j.guinto)
   : In article <90047.111156JTH@psuvm.psu.edu>, JTH@psuvm.psu.edu (John T. Harw
   :> Would this group be interested in having two very active LISTSERV
   :> discussions posted to this spot?  I'm referring to these:
   :>
   :> MBU-L at TTUVM1
   :> R0MILL01 at ULKYVX
   :
   : Excuse my ignorance, but what does "LISTSERV" mean? The two
   : things you listed don't mean anything to me.
   :
   LISTSERV is a special IBM account on BITNET machines that waits
   for MAIL or NETDATA traffic.  A common mail item/command would
   be SUBSCRIBE which will add the person's mail address to a
   given LIST.  Presumably MBU-L and R0MILL01 are lists available
   from LISTSERV@TTUVM1.bitnet and LISTSERV@ULKYVX.bitnet.

One for the file of likely places for bitnet listservs to
fit in nicely with usenet news.  comp.edu.composition
has been rather inactive of late.

--Ed