[bit.listserv.politics] The holocaust

VAM9360@WOOSTER.BITNET (Milos van Leeuwen) (02/07/90)

>>No offense taken.  Just thought it might be interesting to see if some stuff
>>was exagerated in the Holocaust story...I do want to point out that, while
>>Hitlers crimes are horrible, it is interesting to note how easily people
>>forget what stalin did (killed 10 times as many of his own countrymen).
>>Alas, Holocausts are still occuring...
>>DTM
>
>Stalin killed 110 million of his own country men?
>you did say he killed 10 times the number of his own country men....
>
>Drew

No he didn't!  It says that Stalin killed ten times as many people (Soviets,
to be specific) as Hitler did.  8-)
Anyway, I agree with DTM that you can ask the question if governments
twist or falsify what we know to be true history, even when you take a subject
as sensitive as the Holocaust as an example.

Milos

+----------------v----------------------------------------------------------+
|        M I L O S  V A N  L E E U W E N -- VAM9360@WOOSTER (Bitnet)        |
| College of Wooster, box C-2936, Wooster, Ohio, 44691, USA, # 216-287-3212 |
| OR: Copernicusstraat 64, 1098 JJ, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 020-944272  |
(\/)ilos says:
 Shift to the left!  Shift to the right!
 Pop up, push down, byte, byte, byte.
 :-)

mckee@TISSS.RADC.AF.MIL (DAVE MCKEE) (02/07/90)

oops...sorry I meant he killed 60 million (which is ten times the 6
million Jews)....

DTM

mckee@TISSS.RADC.AF.MIL (DAVE MCKEE) (02/07/90)

Thanks for the info...Does anyone have the publisher on Levins book,
I would like to order it if it id unavailable in my area (whcih, by
the way is out in the boondocks, so somtimes various books are a bit
hard to come by dfromeven the libraries...)

Dave McKee

mckee@TISSS.RADC.AF.MIL (DAVE MCKEE) (02/07/90)

>Please excuse any zeal in this posting as the horror at the idea that it really
>is....

>Dave, I cannot believe that you seriously consider the idea that Holocaust was
>a hoax.
>11 million people were slaughtered in the camps....genocide, while something
>that we wish had never happened, did indeed occur.
>of those 11 million, 6 million were Jews....nearly half the world Jewish
>population of that time.  The Cantor Emeritus from my synagouge at home is a
>survivor...and he has told me many stories of that time.  He lost his wife, his
>parents, his two sons and his daughter in the camps.  He told me of a time when
>the soldiers had a group of people walk under a bar.  Anyone who could walk
>under without having to duck was taken aside and shot right there in front of
>them.  Little babies were killed simply because their mothers could not keep
>them quiet.  One thing that he did not participate in, but did see, was a group
>of camp inmates digging a large hole in the ground.  When the task was
>complete, the soldiers shot every single one of the workers and buried them in
>the mass grave they had just dug.
>Do not even think that the Holocaust could have been a fake....it was all to
>real, and could happen again all to easily.

>Drew

Dammit!  I know! I know! I know!!!!!!!!

I knew this would get people off there rockers....Please believe me when I say
that I wanted only to know what the general feeling at such an idea was.

First, Drew, I still believe, and have seen plenty of photographic evidence for
the horrors of that particular war.  Second, I am appalled at those who come
out an say that none of the concentration camps did what they did when I have
seen living persons (at college talks) with their tattooed numbers still on
their arms.  I have read Dr. Victor Frankels account of the concentration
camps.  I do not consider that the holocaust was a hoax, only that government,
may have used the holocaust, or expanded and added things, or perhaps
subtracted things from the truth about it.  Mr. Smith might have found some
things that don't ring true in various governmental reports, or evidence
collection....this might in fact show the truth to be even worse!

I also wanted to know why the world decries the holocaust so much, and forgets
about 60 million dead Russian peasants???

David T. McKee

I just want to know what the hell is REALLY going on!!!(as Robert Anton
Wilson's character Hagbard Celine might have asked...)

KWILCOX@AUVM.BITNET (ken wilcox) (02/08/90)

On Tue, 6 Feb 90 21:10:00 EST I am not a number...I am a free man said:
>From:   MIL%"mckee@TISSS.RADC.AF.MIL"      "DAVE MCKEE"  6-FEB-1990 21:07:19.24
>>Alas, Holocausts are still occuring...
>>DTM
>
>Stalin killed 110 million of his own country men?
>you did say he killed 10 times the number of his own country men....
>
>Drew

Mao killed Millions, the number 30 million comes to mind. also
Pol POt and friends wiped out 1.5 million cambodians...

Ken wilcox
Its goes on and on....

MJSAAREL@MTUS5.BITNET (Markku Saarelainen) (02/08/90)

     DTM

Where have you cot that information? (60 million) What I have heard, it's somet
hing like 20 million. Your number is three times bigger than mine. Why?

Markku JS

CARBUCKLE@UMKCVAX1.BITNET (Valentine M. Smith) (02/08/90)

The Levin book is called THE HOLOCAUST:THE DESTRUCTION OF EUROPEAN JEWRY 1933-45
and the edition I have(trade paper) was put out by Schocken Books in New York in
1973. The book is copyrighted 1968. Does that help all those interested?