[comp.sys.concurrent] Submission for comp-sys-concurrent

lac@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Les Carr) (04/09/90)

From: lac@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Les Carr)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.concurrent
Subject: Re: Where's syslog()?

mark@sickkids.utoronto.ca (Mark Bartelt) writes:

>I'm porting a bunch of stuff from a 4.3bsd system to our Masscomp
>(currently running RTU 4.1A), and syslog() seems to be missing from
>libc, even though there's a syslog(3) man page.  Curiously, syslog.h

Hah! I got caught on this one a couple of months ago, submitted a bug
report and got a nice letter back several weeks later to say that the
bug would be fixed in future releases of the OS by deleting references
to 'syslog' from the manual. Fume. Smoulder.
--
---
	Foo

Articles to: concurrent@soma.bcm.tmc.edu or uunet!soma.bcm.tmc.edu!concurrent
Administrative stuff: concurrent-request@soma.bcm.tmc.edu
Stan Barber, Moderator

news@linus.mitre.org (USENET NEWS) (06/14/90)

From: cazier@mbunix.mitre.org (Cazier)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.concurrent
Subject: X-Windows system performance
Sender: news@linus.UUCP

I'd like to find out more info on existing X-windows systems running
50, 250 and 500 users if such installations exist.

What types of problems are being experienced with such systems and what are
the system requirments to run such large number of users.