[comp.sys.concurrent] TEK 4014 or 4105 driver

randy@tacky.cs.olemiss.edu (Randy Zagar) (08/27/90)

Anybody out there know of a public-domain or commercial filter that
converts SP-45 graphics metafiles to TEK graphics.  I'd rather not have
to write one.

Randy Z.
randy@tacky.cs.olemiss.edu

Articles to: concurrent@soma.bcm.tmc.edu or uunet!soma.bcm.tmc.edu!concurrent
Administrative stuff: concurrent-request@soma.bcm.tmc.edu
Stan Barber, Moderator

ben@it3.crl.mei.co.jp ([STL]Ben Reaves) (10/02/90)

I asked Concurrent (Japan branch) directly about TEK4014 drivers a few
months ago, and was told that they did not know of any source.  So, I
did write some routines that will convert lines and text from SP-45
metafiles to tek4014 format.  I tested it with Masscomp's 'plot' software;
seems to work fine.  However, my software does not handle
circles and pie-shape objects.  If you want it, please reply.
If anyone else has some software that also handles pies and circles and arcs,
I'd love to hear about that, too.

				-- Ben Reaves
				ben@it3.crl.mei.co.jp

Articles to: concurrent@soma.bcm.tmc.edu or uunet!soma.bcm.tmc.edu!concurrent
Administrative stuff: concurrent-request@soma.bcm.tmc.edu
Stan Barber, Moderator

jschultz@interc.ccur.com (10/14/90)

     Creare used to have a filter for this application that ran on
the old MC500 vintage machines. I don't know anything about its current
availability.

hank@masscomp.ccur.com (Hank Cohen) (10/22/90)

In article <2229@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> jschultz@interc.ccur.com writes:

>     Creare used to have a filter for this application that ran on
>the old MC500 vintage machines. I don't know anything about its current
>availability.

Creare's filter was a sp-45 to tek filter.  Still is I believe
although I don't think that there is anybody at Creare supporting
those products anymore.  What Ben Reeves wrote is a tek to mcgraphics
filter.  It displays tek graphics excape sequences to mcgraphics
calls.  The only similar function is in the old Xterm that could do
tek 4014? emulation.  That feature was deleted in the Motif xcterm.

Hank Cohen

Articles to: concurrent@soma.bcm.tmc.edu or uunet!soma.bcm.tmc.edu!concurrent
Administrative stuff: concurrent-request@soma.bcm.tmc.edu
Stan Barber, Moderator

jgrant@interc.ccur.com (10/22/90)

Creare has been selling a "driver" (I'd call it a translator) for Tek 401x for
several years.  Mail me back if you need the address.  I'm logged in from home
and don't have it handy.  Cost is ~$900.  I thought this was too much and rolled
my own, too.