[comp.sys.concurrent] Net/Comm Wishlist

khj@ms.appstate.edu (Kenneth H. Jacker) (05/22/91)

In <5464@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> simon@fuquad.westford.ccur.com
(Simon Rosenthal) writes:

>TLI will be supported in RTU 6.0

>The Networking/Communications group would really like to hear your
>wishlists - the reality is that there are far more networking
>standards out there than we can realistically support, so we have to
>prioritize. Knowing our customers' requirements and wishlists helps a lot.
>
>				Simon Rosenthal
>				Networking/Communications Group.

I'd like to request the addition of "rexecd".

I access our 6450 using MacX.  It uses "rexec" to run commands on
remote hosts.

Since the current version of RTU doesn't support "rexecd", I must first
"telnet" to the Concurrent system, set DISPLAY, start an "xcterm" session
(or whatever) back to my Mac, and finally terminate the "telnet" session.

I'd much prefer to have MacX directly initiate a new client.

-------
Kenneth H. Jacker            Domain:   khj@ms.appstate.edu
Dept of Math Sciences                  khj@ecsvax.uncecs.edu
Appalachian State Univ