[bit.listserv.gaynet] Penile-Anal Intercourse

V5040U%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Russell Erik Johannesson) (02/20/90)

>From:         Christopher.Young@ISL1.RI.CMU.EDU

>1. You certainly ask a private question here.

     I offered to run the discussion privately.

>6. Why are feces so important to you?

     I know that, of anything to do with anal sex, shit will likely not be
addressed.  To prevent an incomplete discussion, I specified shit as a topic
of interest.  It would be silly to deny that shit and anal sex are often
linked in popular discourse, and we can't simply ignore that facet.

>7. Why do you want to now all this exactly?

     It seems important to me that we discuss sexual issues, even if only by
private E-mail.

---Russell

       Russell Erik Johannesson
       1250 West Cecil B. Moore Avenue
       W610
       Philadelphia, PA  19122
       (215-)765-9479

       V5040U @ TEMPLEVM                (BITNet)
       v5040u @ vm.temple.edu           (InterNet)

Christopher.Young@ISL1.RI.CMU.EDU (02/20/90)

>>6. Why are feces so important to you?
>
>     I know that, of anything to do with anal sex, shit will likely not be
>addressed.  To prevent an incomplete discussion, I specified shit as a topic
>of interest.  It would be silly to deny that shit and anal sex are often
>linked in popular discourse, and we can't simply ignore that facet.

I believe in your question you said "more importantly" what about shit. It is
not that important, as I think many people have noted. Further, it is not clear
to me that the two are often linked in popular discourse (indeed, I could hardly
call this topic one of popular discourse). But it can't be true that shit is
both not likely not to come up in the conversation and at the same time commonly
linked in popular discourse on the subject. Further, why can't we ignore it?
It hardly every plays a role, and it certainly isn't the main attraction for
the vast majority you practise such an act. Anyway, it seems you got your answer
there.

>>7. Why do you want to now all this exactly?
>
>     It seems important to me that we discuss sexual issues, even if only by
>private E-mail.
>
>---Russell

I guess it's just me, but I have a difficult time taking such a conversation
seriously anyway. I more or less answered the question because I was in a
general what-the-hell mood anyway. Why is this an important issue? Perhaps you
have a good reason, but it is not clear to me why the topic is of inherent
interest or importance. And I somehow think lesbians will find the topic
particularily droll (any lesbians out there care to offer an opinion?)

Now it you want to talk about sexual issues, that's one thing. But to me this
really isn't a sexual issue as such; rather, it is a discussion of methods and
styles, of a particular sex activity. Sexual issues, to me, involve things like
why we are motivated towards sex, what makes us feel sexual (as  in lighting,
environment, psychology, etc), what complications arise in different sexual
settings, perhaps certain general sexual "scenes" and these types of things.
These are topics to which lesbians and gay men can probably both relate. The
actual sex act is, I think, not so relevant nor is it a real sexual issue.
And perhaps it is not so interesting.

Anyway, I didn't notice you offered this topic on a private list. Perhaps that
is best in that it seems such a narrow focus of interest, though for me, I can
always just delete the thread anyway.

						-- Chris.