[bit.listserv.allmusic] no musical content

MCINTYRE@MSUPA.BITNET (02/09/90)

>Subject:      Re: Is top ten worth it?
>I have both Doolitle and Lincoln, and I like Lincoln better. The Pixies are
>sometimes hard to take, a few songs on there are great. But give me
>ANA NG and THE WORLDS ADDRESS anyday!

This is NOT a flame directed at the person who posted the above message.
This message is only one example of a misuse of the REPLY or ANSWER
command.  I realize that REPLY is a convenience to the person sending
a message, but when the automatically extracted subject line bears no
relation to the message, it is an inconvenience to everyone who receives
the message.  Please, people, take a little extra time and manually type
in a relevent subject line if the one extracted by REPLY would be misleading,
as it is in the example above.

On another topic (still no musical content), if there is someone on this list
who lives in Baltimore, please contact me (MCINTYRE@MSUPA), not the list.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Dept
Michigan State University